Week Nine: Sexual Assault Case
The goal of this week’s class is to learn how (and be inspired) to handle a sexual assault claim from opening to closing, inclusive of trial.
Readings / Audio / News Articles:
- A.B. v. Buzza, 2022 BCSC 1969 (Oral Reasons and Application Materials re: Anonymity)
- Anderson v. Molon, 2020 BCSC 1247 (Case Study)
- Proposed Amended Notice of Civil Claim and application materials, Doe v. Kilty and Clavin et al. (to be circulated)
- 12 January 2021, Faculty of Law, Thompson Rivers University, Torts Podcast, “We’re Doing What We’re Doing for the Client” – interview with Rosemary Anderson and Sandy Kovacs – Torts Podcast (trubox.ca)
- B.C. bishop described former Kamloops priest accused of sex assaults as being a “playboy”: lawyer – Kamloops This Week
- Former Kamloops bishop Adam Exner testifies at sex assault trial | Vancouver Sun
- B.C. priest ‘should have been stopped,’ sex abuse victim says | CBC News
- The Trauma-Informed Lawyer (simplecast.com) – listen to the first episode or whichever you choose, please! It’s a great podcast and a must for any area of practice where you’re dealing with potentially traumatized or vulnerable clients.